The Florida Lighthouse Association is a nonprofit group of citizen activists dedicated to the preservation of the 30 remaining historic lighthouses that line our state’s 1,350-mile coastline. Once central to the economic growth and settlement of our nation, many of Florida’s lighthouses face uncertain futures.
The Mission of the Florida Lighthouse Association is to protect , preserve, restore, and defend Florida’s Light-house towers, along with their material culture, buildings, artifacts, and records to assure that the magic of Florida’s lighthouses and lighthouse keepers will be available for the enjoyment and understanding of future generations.
We encourage members of the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation to support FLA by joining and attending meetings. For details check out the website at www.floridalighthouses.org . FLA grants have helped us toward our goals of restoring our Canaveral Lighthouse community as it once was. We ask you to show your appreciation by joining FLA today!
Members receive the following benefits:
- You are actively working to preserve an important part of Florida history
- Receive FLASH, the FLA newsletter published three times annually
- Receive up-to-the-minute news via e-newsletters
- Priority invitations to FLA Educational Meetings, Events and Lighthouse Tours
- Free admission to six Florida lighthouses: St. Augustine, Ponce Inlet, Jupiter Inlet, Crook-ed River, Cape St. George and Pensacola
- Voting Privileges
Much of the grant money awarded to Florida Lighthouse organizations comes from the sale of Florida Lighthouse car tags. Please consider this specialty tag when you renew.
UPCOMING FLA EVENT
2017 Annual Board Meeting
27 October 2017 6:00 PM (EDT) • Key Biscayne Community Center
FLA Membership Meeting
28 October 2017 9:00 AM (EDT) • Key Biscayne Community Center
Details at www.floridalighthouses.org