OIL HOUSE RESTORATION
The oil house stored the tanks of kerosene that was used to light the flame for the Fresnel lens at the top the lighthouse. The window located on the east side of the oil house was not on the original construction blueprints and is believed to have been added sometime after 1905. This window has been removed and the wall restored to its original design. The building’s roof was blown off during a wind storm in the 1970’s, a new roof, as well as new door hinges and door complete the restoration.
Restoration Complete – Photo taken October 2, 2004
Read more about the oil house and restoration
in an article written by Mr George Diller