This month the Brevard County Commission voted to provide the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation (CCLF) with funding to recreate the first of four keepers cottage structures on the site, allowing us to take a giant step toward rebuilding the historical setting as it was when keepers and their families lived on the site more than a hundred years ago!
Just in case the sentence above didn’t “sink in”, this is BIG NEWS! This news is the result of thousands of hours of volunteer efforts over several decades. This news is the very definition of “perseverance”.
During the calendar year 2018, with your help we now have the opportunity to make our dream become a reality in the re-creation of the first cottage. Visitors and schoolchildren from all over will be able to stand at the lighthouse and both see and feel the conditions there in an accurate historical perspective.
Does this success mean we can sit back and rest now? In short: NO! Our perseverance has paid off in a major step forward, but as a result of this success, we need you NOW more than ever before:
· We need more new members to join at $35 per member! That $35 helps more than you could imagine.
· We need lapsed members to renew their membership! Again, that $35 helps beyond belief.
· We need more volunteers! The CCLF is made up of a lot of great folks and we love what we do, but it’s true that “many hands make for light work”. Please volunteer!
· We need more brick sales. Brick sales personalize your contribution to the lighthouse, and are a critical part of our path forward.
· We need you to participate in our events. These events are informative, and universally FUN!
· We need you to like us on Facebook and other social media – the best way to spread the word!
· Most importantly, we need you to visit us! If you want to protect and preserve our most cherished historical artifacts, or you just plain love lighthouses, you are our friend and we want to visit with you.
Perseverance! Who’d have thought that we’d be here now? The answer is quite a few of us for quite a few years. Please join us!
See you at the Lighthouse!